My personal thoughts are that 8gb of ram, and even the most basic of the
processor options, will do fine. If you have the money, though, 16gb of ram
will, when combined with the flash storage all Mac laptops now use, make that a
very powerful machine. Xcode runs well on my MBA, which has only 4gb of ram,
for what that's worth.

Storage will not affect performance. If you plan to store large raw audio files
and other sound projects (you mentioned Logic) you'll want more storage. Again,
just my opinion, but if I could upgrade the storage or ram, I'd do the storage
first. I'd rather have 8gb of ram and 500gb of flash storage than twice the ram
but half the storage. Of course there are external drives to supplement the
internal drive, but it can get annoying to live off them. I'd prefer to use
externals for backups, but keep primaries of all my files and projects stored
internally if I could.
On Jul 6, 2014, at 10:08 AM, Jessica D <jldai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would do option 2 or 3.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 6, 2014, at 9:54 AM, Venkatesh Potluri <venky...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi list.
>> I am planning to buy a new macbook. I need your suggestion on
>> upgrading the macbook.
>> I would like to go for the 15-inch MacBook pro with retina display.
>> I am wondering if upgrading to 512 GB flash storage would be necessary.
>> I am also not sure if upgrading the memory(RAM) to 16GB would be necessary.
>> If I enrol for apple care, Will I have the warranty  valid in india? I
>> am talking about a MacBook purchase that will not need an  upgrade for
>> 4 to 5 years.
>> I am a VO user and use my MacBook for basic coding, iOs and android
>> app development, occasionally playing light weight games. I will have
>> to run software like matlab, logic and garageband at times.
>> I am unable to decide between the following configurations.
>>
>> configuration1:
>>   *    2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
>>   *    8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
>>   *    256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
>>   *    Intel Iris Pro Graphics
>>   *    Apple care protection plan for macbook pro
>> configuration 2:
>>   *    2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
>>   *    16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
>>   *    256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
>>   *    Intel Iris Pro Graphics
>>   *    apple care protection plan for macbook pro
>>
>> configuration 3:
>>
>>   *    2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
>>   *    16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
>>   *    512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
>>   *    Intel Iris Pro Graphics
>>   *    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 memory
>>
>> Please suggest.
>> Thank you.
>> Regards
>> Venkatesh