It was true in late 2013, too.  The high-end costs have gone up (surprise!)
even as the low-end costs come further down (what a relief!).  Nice to see
Apple listening to market demands.  So, unless you really need a very slight
increase in processor speed, last year's investment is arguably better value
for money if you were at the top end.

Ah, but the temptation ... who can refuse more speed? :)

The emails are being generated by rss2email with my list address on them, so I
just redirect them over here.  I hope you don't mind.