Yes, I did know about the change to eloquence and as I recall keith did too. Can you be more specific about what doesn't work with voiceover? Does nothing read at all or what happens?
Thanks. -- Cheryl I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf. I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper thrown in the trash! Then God gave me a new heart and life: His joy for my despairing tears! And now, every day: "This I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:21-23 ESV) On Sep 14, 2014, at 6:33 PM, CJ Daniel <[email protected]> wrote: > Keith, > > Sadly, the info I can share is not good. MacSword, as found by your friend, > is out of date. In fact, it changed it's name to Eloquent some time ago & > was viable until Mavericks. However, with the release of Mavericks, it > no-longer works with VoiceOver. I have tried to contact the developer > several times, but received no reply. > > To my knowledge, no other applications for the Mac are completely accessible > & only a few even have limited accessibility. It's sad, but it just doesn't > seem to be a priority for any of the companies out there. Well, that was the > feeling I got after contacting some of them. I wish you luck & hope someone > will chime in here & bring an app to our attention that has been previously > over looked. > > Blessings, > > CJ > > > On Sep 14, 2014, at 1:21 AM, Keith Hinton <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hello folks, >> I'm doing some bible studdy training programs and need an accessible bible. >> (Not web based) if at all possible. >> I'd prefer ot run an application. >> My teacher who is training me found a program called Mac Sword, but >> I'm wondering if there are other applications out there for the Mac? >> Would appreciate any input from anybody who has updated info on this topic. >> Mike did some podcasts years ago for Blind Cool Tech, but I consider >> them outdated now, and need current details from anybody who may have >> htem. >> Thanks. >> All the best. >> >> >> -- >> Sincerely, >> >> Keith >> Website: >> http://eshop.keithnet.us >> Home Phone: >> 928-554-3936 >> Mobile Phone: >> 928-713-6370 >> Primary email: >> [email protected] >> Twitter: >> @keithint1234 >> Facebook: >> http://facebook.com/keith.hinton1 >> Skype: >> skypedude1234 >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "MacVisionaries" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected]. >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "MacVisionaries" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
