Voice Dream Reader is not used only by the blind community and not everyone in
the blind community uses applevis or viPhone.  When I love an app I don’t mind
at all when a developer mentions a new app in the update notes, especially if
it is an app I love and find very useful. I actually quite appreciate learning
that their newest app is now available in the app store. Even my sighted family
members are happy when they learn their favorite app developer has a new app
out. I do not regularly visit a developer’s website or app pages in the app
store to see if they have made anything new. I prefer a small blurb in the
update notes instead of being bombarded in my inbox or with constant ads within
the app. I also do not feel like the developer was taking a cheap shot and
putting out a fake update just to advertise voice Dream Writer. he had
negotiated with the TTS companies so that one would not have to double purchase
voices for both voice Dream Reader and Voice Dream Writer. He wanted customers
to be able to carry those in app purchases over to Voice Dream Writer. In my
opinion, I thought that was very considerate of him.  The update to voice Dream
Reader was necessary to make that happen, it wasn’t just a cheap way to
advertise his new app.

Christina