Time Machine is something I looked into, but it turned out that little to no TM
information is available to AppleScript, unfortunately. I just had a look in
Safari's scripting dictionary, and downloads aren't mentioned once, so it looks
like a script couldn't access that information either.
> On Feb 28, 2015, at 8:01 AM, Eugenia Firth <gigifi...@me.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys:
> I am beginning to see the advantages of learning Apple script, or, if I find
> it too technical for me, cheering on someone else with those skills. I
> definitely cheer you on, Alex, for having given me my favorite ones, checking
> the time and date and checking battery status. I would like another one, and
> I would like to know first, if it would work, and second, how could I make a
> copy of and edit a script to do it. When I do my Time Machine backups, I want
> to check the status. How can that be done with an Apple script so it would
> work like the battery checking one? Checking download status would be nice,
> too, but I am doing the other more often lately.
>
> All this brings another question. Has anybody written instructions as to how
> to do this or has the instructions been put into a podcast somewhere or on
> iTunes U?
> Gigi

Have a great day,
Alex Hall