TimeMachine uses the System Preference pane to control it, and there is useful
information in the system control pane like Disk size and backup status.

So we could probably find the “id” string of the time machine preference panel,
and then go from there. I know I saw a script in the UI Elements folder called
Get User Name that retrieves information from the Users preference pane so that
could be a starting point.

Jonathan