Hmm.  Well, this seems really cool, but I think you've gone beyond my depth.
It looks like I've done everything as you describe, but no joy.  When I press
Ctrl-Space, VO is silent, again silent when I press Ctrl-X.  I then try
pressing CMD-c to copy, and when I press CMD-V to paste the presumably selected
text, I'm asked whether I want to convert the document to RTFDB.  Have no idea
either where that's coming from, or where to begin to figure out what's wrong.
thanks for the help, Barry, glad it's working for some of you at least. :)
Cheers,
Donna
> On Mar 1, 2015, at 12:07 PM, Barry Hadder <bhad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Donna,
>
> First you will need to go to the format menu and choose make plain text.
> That will open another copy in text format.  Then you should find the UTF8
> plain text incoding option in the save dialog.  You will allso want to make
> sure  to uncheck the use .txt box.
>
> I use emacs and many people use vi, but I don’t recommend you try that if you
> aren’t familiar with them.
>
> On Mar 1, 2015, at 11:56 AM, Donna Goodin <doniado...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Barry,
>
> OK, so I've got the folder in the right library, but when I try to save from
> text Edit, UTF8 does not show up as an option.
> Thanks,
> Donna
>
> P.S.  If you didn't use Text Edit to create this file, what would you use?
>> On Mar 1, 2015, at 11:22 AM, Barry Hadder <bhad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Donna,
>>
>> You would access ~/Library by going to your home folder with command-shift-h
>> and go menu.  In Yosemite and Mavericks, you can also make it visible by
>> checking the show library folder in view options.
>> ~/Library is a Unix path and ~ means everything else after it is in your
>> home folder.  You could put this in /Library if you want all other users on
>> your machine to access it, but you would need to be an administrator to do
>> this and I don’t think it’s necessary to put it there.
>>
>> If you use textedit to save it, make sure it is in UTF8 text format.
>> Good luck.
>>
>> On Mar 1, 2015, at 8:31 AM, Donna Goodin <doniado...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bary,
>>
>> This looks really interesting, but I have a couple of questions.
>>
>> You said ~/library.  I assume that's the folder that I access by going to
>> Macintosh HD, opening it, and going to library?
>>
>> Second, I was able to create the folder there called keybindings, but when I
>> tried to save the file from text Edit, I was told I don't have permission to
>> save a file with that filename.  What's up with that?
>> Thanks,
>> Donna
>>> On Feb 28, 2015, at 9:50 AM, Barry Hadder <bhad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I can tell you how you can select text across page boundaries in  Pages.  I
>>> explained this in an earlier post.  So, I don’t know if you saw it and are
>>> not interested, or if you didn’t see it, so I will post it again.
>>> What you will be able to do is:
>>> 1.  Move the insertion to a point on a page and press control-space to set
>>> a mark.
>>> 2.  Move the insertion point to another point either on the same page or a
>>> different page.
>>> 3.  Press control-x control-x to select text from the mark to the cursor.
>>>
>>> You have to do some things to set that up.
>>> 1.  Create a folder in ~/Library called KeyBindings.
>>> 2.  Copy the following into a text file and save it to the KeyBindings
> [...]
>>> "^\@" = "setMark:"; //control-@
>>> "^w" = "deleteToMark:"; //control-w
>>> "^x" = { //control-x control-x