Hello Gabriel,

Most scanners are made to work from a twain driver so check out the twain sane
interface. It’s not as nice as the GUI tools but a little of reading might just
keep familiar hardware going. From memory it involved installing about 5 little
programs within the terminal. But that was some years ago for a different
scanner. Take a look at this:

http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/

Good luck.

Gena