Knowing that the underlying operating system in OSX is some version of UNIX, I
have some quite detailed  curiosities about how to design, code, compile and
manage software I may want to develop personally.

Specifically:

- is there a native C compiler available for OSX?

- are make/nmake available as well?
- are software management tools readily available?
- are GUI based tools accessible via VoiceOver?