Hi, the reason why you jumped back in the settings when you press the digital
crown twice is because it takes you between your clock face, and your last used
app. As far as the ping feature goes, it's in The settings glance. Swipe up
with two fingers to go to glances, then swipe left or right with two fingers
into you get to the settings clients. It should be one of the options in there.

Sent from my iPhone