Hi Gary.
Let me tell you how I read mail. Here are some nice commands to know. Command 1
takes you to your inbox if you get lost. Command 3 goes to your sent messages.
Command accent (and the accent key is right under the spacebar), takes you from
window to window in just all apps. So, if you are lost in your mail, press
command 1 and you will go to your inbox.

Now when I get on top of a message, I press enter and just start going down
arrow if all I want to do is read the thing. I sometimes press VO the letter a
if I want to read it. The only time I have to interact is if I want to get to a
link I see in my mail. If I do find a link and I done interaction, then I can
press VO space to activate it, and most of the time I go to Safari.

I probably have forgotten several good commands, and maybe I’ll think of them
later to tell you. I’m Stateside by the way, and it’s nice we can help each
other over the place.
Gigi