Hi there
thanks for the information. I went to the Web Site and checked it out. Now I
have ore questions that I did not see the answer to. Since these iBeacons have
to be installed and maintained, how much does it cost the businesses to do
that? I think they would have to see the need for their sighted customers
before most of them would install such a system, and I can see, since many
sighted people have smartphones, how they could use it for advertisement. Also,
in a mall, would every single business have to have one or what? What is the
range of an iBeacon so that, if you were looking for a particular store and you
walked into a mall, could you tell which way to start if you went into the
door, and the place you wanted was on the other side of the mall? North Park
Mall here in Dallas has an Apple store, so I assume they have one. Good thing
because since they expanded their store, my poor dog can’t find it any more,
and I have to get another dog soon, anyway, (if I can ever get into class, that
is.) So let me describe something since I know more or less how to get there if
I was going to the Apple store in North Park.

If I had never been to North Park, and I wanted to go to the Apple store in
there, I can tell you that the bus stop is located all the way on the other
side of the mall from where it is. If I didn’t know that, and I got off the
bus, would the iBeacon have the range to broadcast to my iPhone the direction I
needed to start? I ask because if it didn’t, I could wander all over big place
before it detected the iBeacon and told me which way to go.

I think it is a wonderful sounding system, and I for one can’t wait to get it
going. The American Foundation for the Blind is doing a seminar for new and/or
inexperienced iPhone users, and I sent the lady who is doing the seminar
information about BlindSquare and suggested that for sure she mention it to
them. The title of the seminar is something like How the iPhone Can Impact Your
Life.

Gigi

Gigi