So why do you have to ust that language does it make you some kind of a man???

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2015 04:54
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Bull crap about I O S 9, and no, I'm not breaking NDA.

Guys,

I just wanted to clear up some miscommunication by Apple.  They say on the
developer web site that once you upgrade to I O S 9, you cannot go back to a
previous version, like 8.3.  That's utter bullshit from what so far I can see.
Now, I wanna make this very very clear.  I am saying this on the basis of! from
what I so? far! can see!  Keep that in mind.

I have an I O S device which I did update to I O S 9.  I've changed my mind,
and now am deciding not to deploy it to I O S 9 after all.  OK, I have a device
I will! be keeping on I O S 9, just not this particular one.  Anyway, the point
is, they are only partially right in what they're saying on their web site from
what it seems.

1.  If you try to downgrade while your device is normally booted up into I O S
9, then no.  It won't work.  That is factually accurate information which I
have verified.

2.  If, however Apple has not stopped digitally signing the previous version of
I O S, which of corse, 8.3, they haven't, then you can get it back as long as
before you restore the device, you first get the device into DFU mode, just as
you did when you upgraded to I O S 9.  I tried this, and I O S 8.3 definitely
now is downloading.  I'll keep you all posted, and let you all know if I'm able
to flash it back, and restore from my backup.  To the best of my knowledge
though, this seems to so far be working.

Chris.