You're talking two different things here. when you're looking at
upload and download, usually that's measured in mbits. So 8 mbits
gives you 128 kbps up/down.
Now if you're using any kind of js, some of those are 32 (jquery,
bootstrap etc). css adds another say 16 which brings us to a grand
total of 48. If your webpage is 4 kb, that puts us at 52. Add another
couple for header information etc and we're now at 54. Two visitors at
once and you have what we call a saturated connection. Bandwidth feels
like a lot, but when you actually start sending data out it ends up
that what you thought of as a lot isn't anymore.

- --
Take care,
Ty
twitter: @sorressean