  From: Venkatesh Potluri
  To: macvisionaries
  Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:07 AM
  Subject: Downloading music for offline listening on apple music

  Hi,

  I was very happy to know that apple music is available at launch and hopped
on the minute I downloaded 8.4. So far, I have been very satisfied with the
service. However, I am facing a few issues with regards to iCloud music library
and downloading songs for offline listening on IOS and iTunes on Os X.

  IOS:

   I have been able to download entire albums and playlists on to my iPhone by
tapping the more button after opening the album or playlist. When i try to
download individual songs in an album or playlist for offline listening, I am
unable to do so. This is also the case when searching the songs from the radio
or any other screen in apple music. However, if I go to the new tab, and then
double tap and hold on a song, I am given the option to make available offline,
along with the other options to add to my music, etc. I am also able to double
tap and hold on the songs I search for from the new screen. (No, double tapping
on a song from an album or playlist does not bring up any menu and plays the
song). How can I add individual songs when I am using an album, playlist or
artist?

  What is the difference between "add to my music" and "add to library”?

  iTunes on Os X:

  How do I download music for offline listening?

  I am not sure about how to download tracks, albums, artists or playlists for
offline listening in iTunes. The only way I am able to do this is by going to
the my music option, searching for a song already added to my music via apple
music on IOs, interacting with the song and pressing the download button. (I
use list view for my music). I am able to download my playlists with some
additional songs from apple music by selecting the playlist, interacting with a
header by the name of the playlist and pressing the download button.

  How do I know if my iTunes library finished syncing with iCloud music library?

   I haven’t used iTunes match or purchased any music from iTunes so please
excuse me for the long email. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  Thank you.

  Regards,

  Venkatesh Potluri

  http://www.venkateshpotluri.me