Hi there
You need to take the braille display off the PacMate. Look under itand find the
release key. This should result in taking the braille display off the PacMate,
at least it does on BX PacMate. Then you need a USB cable, and you can plug the
USB cable into the braille display and the other end into the Mac. Hopefully,
when you do this, VoiceOver will recognize the PacMate display. It did the last
time I plugged in a PacMate display. It better because I still have one that I
want to use in an emergency. It doesn’t do Bluetooth, by the way, so forget it
on an iOS device.

Gigi