Hi everyone,
I have a friend who is considering purchasing a Mac mini. The basic reason for
wanting the Mac Mini is cost. He also does not want to take the time to learn
windows eight or windows 10. He's been stuck on Windows XP since long before
support stopped last year. His only dealings with voiceover is with iOS devices
along with his AppleTV. He is not one who does well with major change in
electronics in his life. I don't want to turn this into an Apple versus Windows
discussion other than to say I suggested he look for a Windows 7 machine
because it was something  that he is familiar with. My question for the group
is this; other than the base cost, as I understand it of $699 for the Mac Mini,
what are the auxiliary purchases needed in order to make it functional? If I'm
correct, that does not include a screen, does it include a keyboard or
speakers?
I also know firsthand what it's like attempting to learn a new operating system
and screen reader on your own. I had the patients. He does not. Thank God for
this group. I would've been lost. I'm attempting to get him to join it before
he makes his purchase. Any suggestions or help you could offer would be greatly
appreciated.
Many many thanks,

Pam Francis