I’d agree that the most likely result of a battery calibration would be a
possible, small improvement in the battery gauge's accuracy. But I don’t think
it should be huge. If folks are getting really bizarre battery readings such as
the gauge being stuck at 100% as you described, I’d wonder whether your battery
requires service. If you go to http://getsupport.apple.com, you can run a
diagnostic test to help determine this. Select “battery, power and charging”
then select “general questions or troubleshooting” and follow the prompts to
send some diagnostic data to Apple. A message should be displayed if the
battery requires service based on the results of the diagnostic data. I saw
strange battery readings on an iPhone 5S a while ago, ran the diagnostics, and
was told my battery required service. I was then able to bring the phone to
Apple and get a new battery, which was covered under my AppleCare Plus..

Grant