To: "MacVisionaries" <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 11:07 AM
Subject: iPad settings navigation

I usually use an iPhone but I was helping a Android developer who wanted
to know how best to implement a accessible tablet UI with a split pane
such as a column of items on the left which, when selected, displays
some kind of stuff on the right - like Settings on iOS. So I said I
would check how Apple did it because that would probably be a good
example. Now on the phone, when I go to settings and pick something,
such as "General", the whole screen changes and my focus lands on the
"Settings" button to take me back where I was. On the iPad this is not
the case. Because the list of settings and the UI for the selected
setting are on the screen all the time, when I double-tap a settings the
right side reloads with the UI but my focus just lands on the Settings
heading at the top. I was kinda hoping my focus would just move to the
first item in the right pane for me. I can just randomly tap over there
but is there some gesture to jump to the right side? I can also
four-finger tap at the bottom of the screen which takes me to the last
item and then flick left (backwards) through the various items but it
seems like there should be a better way.

CB

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

list.