From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Scott Granados
Sent: Monday, 30 May 2016 4:24 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apple pulls Airport routers, possible refresh coming

By the way, if you want enterprise features like that for non enterprise
prices, hell even lower than Apple prices check out Ubiquiti Unifi access
points.
http://www.ubnt.com

they are about $100 or so per unit and support all sorts of protocols including
AC, they support captive portal, roaming profiles, VLAN tagging and much much
more.

> On May 29, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Sabahattin Gucukoglu <listse...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I’m with Tim here.  There are of course competitors, but to me, speed
> isn’t everything and you can more than make up for any potential
> inflexibility in the router part of the AirPort by just using it as a pure
> bridging access-point, at which it’s very good.  The only thing I wish they’d
> bring back is SNMP support, and I wish the “Guest Network” could use a VLAN
> tag and not be limited just to a NAT setup.  Those features are of course
> “Enterprise”-grade, but I’m sure they aren’t too much to ask for a product
> like this, seeing as how Apple were once targeting them at small businesses.
>
> JMO, of course, YMMV, and all that.

> list.

> ---

list.