With all due respect, sir, there WAS a significant amount of negativity in this
thread, which definitely took the tone of the age old song that blind people
are always left out, and ZOMG this may happen again.  I’m pretty sure it was
the present Apple CEO that pointed out that, when they consider accessibility
of their products as pertains the blind, they “don’t care about the bloody
ROI”.  I come from a staunch Windows background (I even worked on the Windows
team at the folks in Redmond), pretty sure that you needed hooks that
penetrated deep into the operating system to ever get accessibility right,
because the designers of mainstream software didn’t, generally speaking, care
one way or another.  It’s taken a year or seven, but I’m at least mostly
convinced that Apple mostly gets it, although I do feel like more attention is
paid to access on iOS than OS X (El Capitan is the first operating system build
I’ve seen where a lot of the VoiceOver sluggishness has gone away, and it’s
only been recent builds of Xcode’s Interface Builder that have worked with
VoiceOver at all).  Whilst I feel like we have a way to go, and whilst I feel
like a certain amount of accessibility parity may be prevented by other
players’ tendency to “litigate, not innovate”, the state of accessibility of
Apple products, at least in my limited view, has trended upwards in the last
ten years, inasmuch as I can now do all of my work on my company’s Macs,
although Slack still sometimes requires me to fail over to a Windows VM, and
Chrome + ChromeVox + Macintosh is still a bit less than optimal where Google
Apps are concerned (which may also be user error on my part).  Also, as far as
tantrums, again from the limited amount of time I’ve lurked on this list, I
would perhaps take a look at your own glass house before throwing stones.
Perhaps my opinion is colored by the fact that I tend to agree with Mr.
Granados’ assessment of the general tone taken by many in the Blind Community®,
and his seeming jadedness with the “change is bad because it leaves us out in
the cold” mentality, I seem to recall at least a few … less than civil …
exchanges of which you’ve been a part, and definitely your statements
purporting gloom and doom about this potential design change that may not even
happen definitely outnumber any statements you’ve made allowing for the
contrary.

list.