Hi,

the Option-t command seems to use the System voice instead of VO.  So, to
change this rate, go into System Preferences, Accessibility, then interact with
the table and navigate down to Speech.  Stop interacting with the table and
locate the Stepper.  It's usually defaulted around 50%.  Interact with it then
increase to your desired speed.  You may need to go up into the 90s to get it
to your liking.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada