Hello Brian, if you poke around in system preferences there is an option to make the mouse pointer follow the keyboard Focus. I usually set this up whenever I turn on Zoom for someone. In that case, a person would press tab once. The keyboard Focus would be set to a edit box or button in the log on window. the system would magnify the contents of the log on window. The potential drawback is that the log on window does not always have keyboard Focus

Once you have zoom enabled you will have to tailor it to the person specific needs. for example, there are three magnification modes. The first and most useful is the full screen magnification which does exactly what it says. it magnifies the entire contents of the screen and shows a fraction of the screen at a time in proportion to the level of magnification.. next to there is a mode that works like a magnifying glass. The magnifying glass moves around the screen that magnifies what is under the glass. Finally there is a stationary frame on the screen. The screen moves while the frame stay still in the contents of the frame are magnified.

If you go for full screen magnification, which most people prefer, then you will have 3 cursor modes to choose from. One mode leaves the cursor at the center of the visible frame and moves the visible frame with the cursor. Another mode moves the visible frame only when the pointer reaches the edge of the frame. The I forget what the other mode does. Sorry, it's been quite a while since I've used them. The point is, you will have to experiment with all of these configuration settings. To find out what works best for the individual customer. After that, you can help them accomplish simple tasks such as logging in.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com