Interesting developments to be. I know nothing about USB C but I usually go with the flow and so expect it probably will be an easy enough change to adapt to.

The touch bar I find interesting too. We need someone to beta test hardware! Oh right. NDA. So much for that.

My mid 2012 MBP still seems healthy whereas my bank account is not so a new Mac is not on my radar. A new iPhone has a better chance.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Without H2O there is no life!