From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Jeff Berwick
Sent: Wednesday, 1 February 2017 5:22 AM
To: 'Chris Blouch' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Home Networking

Hi there,

My mother in law has purchased a DLink DIR-822 router to add into our home
network.  Currently, we have 2 Airport Time Capsules, 1 Airport Extreme, 2
Airport Expresses and the main Bell modem that supplies the house with internet.

We have managed to connect the router to the network and get the internet
working, but it seems to have established its own network.  As a result, I can
see all the Mac computers that are connected to this router, but can’t access
any of the Mac computers that are on the networking prior to where this device
is connected.

I think that this router is acting as a router instead of a bridge, but I can’t
figure out how to put it into bridge mode.  It seems to have given itself an ip
address of 192.168.0.1, when all other devices obtain their ip from the Bell
modem and it generally assigns its in the range 192.168.2.xxx.

I haven’t been able to find any helpful information on the internet; any
thoughts?

Thx,
Jeff

list.