Okay, guys, enough!

  Personally, as I read it, the original point was not necessarily to convert
anyone to Apple. It was to establish that access out-of-the-box is a very
desirable thing.

  I support this view whole-heartedly as do most (if not all) of us here.

  For some who may have funding from rehab organizations this level of access
may be taken for granted, but for those whom choose to pay for their own tech
solutions, the idea of universal access is definitely a welcome one.

  As well, for those living completely independently of sighted assistance,
bolt-on solutions just don't cut it. -And, I'd posit, that this kind of
scenario is merely somewhat of a 'pseudo' sense of independence. If your
computer or phone crashes to the point that you need to rely on someone to help
you simply for the fact that they are sighted, then, in a sense, how
independent are you really?

  So, whether you love Microsoft, Apple, and any cell phone manufacturers, or
the screen access solutions they entail, I think we can all agree that more /
better / easier access is a terrific thing! Yes?…

  Thanks so much for such a great discussion, and I'd personally love to see
this continue on Chris's VO BS list if Chris and ya'll are up for it. :)

  To everyone, I wish you and yours a truly lovely holiday season!…

Smiles,

Cara :)
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/ModelCara

On Dec 22, 2009, at 4:55 PM, Tyler Littlefield wrote:

defending? YOur flippent I'm better than you so go away attitude really doesn't
say much for your position.