I had always wondered what it was when I would call some people on my iPhone 6 and get surprisingly nice audio while other times it was just OK. So what triggers the good audio? My wife and I have the same iPhone 6 on Verizon and sometimes we get that amazing sound quality and sometimes it sounds just like a regular cell phone. Does it depend on which tower you're connected to or whether you're on LTE or not? A friend of mine is on Android and sometimes I get really good quality calls with him as well, so it doesn't seem to be an iPhone-specific thing.

CB