I wish somebody had been that positive when I was looking to purchase
either Nearby Explorer  or BlindSquared. Blind Squared does have some
development going on which is good. When I use Blind Square, usually with
just Streets and MY Places being announced it will tell me the direction I
am traveling when it changes and also the approaching intersections. It is
good about getting quieter when traveling at non-walking speeds. And it
will tell me the direction and distance to places I have tagged. It does
not have any step by step instructions and it does not announce upcoming
busses when I am near a bus stop. It has however told me the gate I was at
in Washington DC and Miniapolis . Though I have not had much chance to play
with that.

Generally I don't need turn by turn directions but just want confirmation
that the current intersection is 31st Street and not Wisconsin Avenue.

I believe  Nearby Explorer is linked with Google Transit and also can tell
you details about T intersections.  Can anybody describe what it does with
traffic circles? ?

On 5 January 2018 at 14:31, Mike Arrigo <n0...@charter.net> wrote:

> Nearby explorer is by far the best GPS app available for blind people,
> none of the other ones even come close to what it provides, it's well worth
> the price.

list.