Hello,
I am currently using the latest El Capitan 10.11.6 on a late 2008 iMac which
alas will not support any more recent Mac OS releases.
It is becoming apparent that some time soon I will have to replace this aged
iMac with a new one, probably the model with a 20 inch display and a 255 GB
solid state disk drive. On my current iMac I run time machine to an external
hard disk drive and also du periodic SuperDuper backups to the external disk
drive and also to a USB memory stick..
I am put off from replacing my aged iMac by the thought of migrating all my
data and applications. In addition to the obvious user files I have a lot of
contacts, an extensive calendar, lots of iBooks and iTunes files, Safari
bookmarks, passwords and secure notes in 1 password, Infovox voices, VMware
fusion and a Windows 7 virtual machine, and difficult to remember preferences
for some of my Apps. Rather than migrate everything it would be a good
opportunity to get rid of now unwanted Apps and to start as many Apps as
possible with a clean slate.
So how should I best do this migration in a VoiceOver friendly way?
Best regards...

Paul Hopewell

list.