Were they more specific about what they didn't like about SSL? You
could look at the accounts tab / server settings. In there you should find a
drop down list of servers for outgoing SMTP servers. The last item in that list
will be edit.

Then once you select the correct outgoing service you will probably need to
click on server settings again to find out the details of the encryption.
Protocol.
                Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn