Hi. I get the new line and return notifications all the time in the
electronic text files from the talking newspaper association in the
UK, and it is very annoying. I used to be able to train VO to remain
silent by placing the offending characters in the pronunciation
dictionary, but have not been able to do that since Snow Leopard, or
maybe I did manage to get rid of the new line, but not the carriage
return.

cheers

Thuy