Thanks, Jonathan.  I've never used OnePassword, but it certainly seems like a 
good way to go.  Guess I'll have to contact the account admin and see if they 
can give me a link to reset.  Thanks for the explanation.
Cheers,
Donna 
> On Apr 16, 2018, at 8:00 PM, Jonathan Cohn <jon.c.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Donna,
> 
>  don't believe the Macintosh actually keeps the password for Google accounts 
> but instead generates some kind of certificate to generate one time 
> passwords. Certainly I have had a lot of issues with Google and the Mac Mail 
> count over the past 6 to 8 weeks. Luckily I have one password store all my 
> passwords and I just need to go back into the internet accounts in system 
> settings.
> 
> If you have a phone associated with your Gmail account you can recover via 
> that phone and SMS messages.
> 
> Jonathan 
> 
>               Best wishes,
> 
> Jonathan Cohn
> 
> 
> 
>> On Apr 16, 2018, at 6:40 PM, Donna Goodin <doniado...@me.com 
>> <mailto:doniado...@me.com>> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi all,
>> 
>> I'm having an issue with my gmail password, and need to know how many 
>> characters it has.  In all my other email accounts, I can see the number of 
>> characters when I click Details in the Internet Accounts pane.  But when I 
>> click on my Gmail account, it does not show me the number of characters in 
>> my password.  Does anyone know if there's a way I can see this information?
>> TIA,
>> Donna
>> 
>> -- 
>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>> Visionaries list.
>> 
>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>> 
>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  
>> mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
>> can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>
>> 
>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/ 
>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "MacVisionaries" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> 
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries 
> list.
>  
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>  
> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: 
> mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> caraqu...@caraquinn.com
>  
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/ 
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "MacVisionaries" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com 
> <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
> To post to this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com 
> <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries 
> <https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout 
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries 
list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  
mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
caraqu...@caraquinn.com

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to