There were strange cursor movement issues in reading and editing documents with
earlier versions of Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac, but they’ve been largely fixed
in recent Office 365 versions. I don’t know whether those fixes made it to the
stand-alone version, though.

From: 'Donna Goodin' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 19:51
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: My conclusions after a day of messing around with Word

Hi Jason,

It sounds like we're experiencing the same difficulty associating comments with
their place in the text.  I'm kind of relieved by that - I was starting to
wonder about what you had said about 365 getting major accessibility updates,
that perhaps Office 2016 did not get.

I don't know what to make of the cursor movement issue.  But every time I try
to read a comment, it seems to jump to the end of the document.  It may well be
the result of something I'm doing, but I haven't been able to figure out what.
I do what is described in the document you sent me the link to: that is
VO-arrow over to the comment.  But I'm only seeing the first line of the
comment.  When I try and arrow down to see the rest of it, that's when the
cursor takes off.

Cheers,

Donna

On Jul 29, 2018, at 6:20 PM, 'Jason White' via MacVisionaries