From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:14 PM
To: viph...@googlegroups.com; macvisionaries@googlegroups.com;
mac4thebl...@freelists.org
Subject: Accessibility problems on the Libby app

I just renewed my library card with our local library, which is part of a big
consortium of public libraries here in Oregon. They are now using the Libby app
to allow you to read books or audiobooks. Signing in worked well enough. But
then the problems begin. There are lots of unlabeled buttons, and other buttons
which are labeled, don’t work when you double tap them with voiceover enabled.
For instance, when you go to set your list preferences, there are a whole
series of buttons for setting things like the format you prefer the language
you prefer, the audience of the book that you want, like for instance young
adult, children, general content etc. None of those activate when you double
tap with voiceover active. On a previous screen there is a thing where you can
tell the app whether or not you have a Kindle and whether you will be reading
mostly on your Kindle. I hit that button, but it didn’t activate unfortunately.
So I am not sure how I’m going to ever get a book to my Kindle. And I’m not
even sure how I’m going to get books. I tried to place a hold on the book, and
double tap the place hold button. As far as I know, nothing happened. Somehow I
managed to read part of the sample of this book. But then when I double tapped
on the back button to get out to the screen which had shown me this and other
listings, that button didn’t activate. Has anybody had any luck with his app?
Or should I just give it up and forget about the fact that I just wasted my
time going downtown to activate my library card again? It’s really annoying.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com