Simon and E.T.,
Seems to be working now. What I did:
Located the Documents folder using the Dock, and opened.
Copied all the folders and files I wanted to have synchronized.
Verified that any change I made on Mac showed on iPhone, and vice versa — Voila!
Created an alias for the Documents folder on my Mac Desktop for rapid access.
Re-built other alias for individual files so that they pointed to the correct
locations.

Thanks very much for helping with this.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, Woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/16086660-E8FD-4861-B191-9B16CF80ECA1%40sbcglobal.net.