From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> On
Behalf Of Dave Carlson
Sent: Friday, 16 August 2019 1:52 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Synchronizing Files in iCloud Drive Between Mac and iPhone

I may have mis-stated what is happening.

I have several folders from my Mac hard drive copied to iCloud Drive. I can
access those file from my iPhone using the files app. But what I was expecting
is that when I change the file either on my iPhone or on my Mac, that the file
would be changed across both platforms.

I’m thinking that simply copying the files and folders from the Mac is not the
correct approach for using the iCloud drive, since there appears to be no
linked connection between the Mac hard drive and iCloud drive.

Is that why I’m not getting what I expected?

If so, how would I be able to have files that reside on my Mac hard drive be
available to view and edit on my iPhone, that would allow them to always be
synchronized?

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, Woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/A65D9B9A-99FC-4A71-B409-A53F083E0CB0%40sbcglobal.net.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/SY2PR01MB298784F436187B8E5643BE758AAF0%40SY2PR01MB2987.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com.