Yes, and there are some more issues:
Try to add a keyboard shortcut to a menu using Systempreferences > Keyboard
>Shortcuts. On my MacBook Air 2020 with M1 chip Mac OS after a while forgets
all added shortcuts.
CTRL doesn’t work relaiably anymore to stop VO from speaking. At least in all
german voices that’s the case. This issue existed in a light version before but
now it’s unlasting.

Really a disappointing OS to me as well this time. Hopefully Apple will
discontiniuing this way.

> Am 21.12.2020 um 01:25 schrieb Mike Arrigo <n0...@charter.net>:
>
> I decided to give Big Sur a try on one of my macs, and honestly, I'm thinking
> about going back to Catalina. Since I became a Mac user back in 2008, I think
> this is the first time that I've considered going back to a previous version
> of Mac OS, but for me at least, there are some major issues.
> First, whenever I install a major upgrade of the operating system, I prefer
> to erase my drive and install from scratch. With the recovery for Big Sur
> 11.1 this is impossible, Voiceover completely crashes when trying to access
> the table of disks in disk utility. So, I had to boot a Catalina recovery to
> erase my drive. Once that was done I booted from the Big Sur install drive I
> made and the install completed fine.
> I think there is a major issue with adding or removing items from the dock.
> Previously you could move to an item and then press the up arrow which would
> give you the menu for that item. In Big Sur, this works the first time
> although when you select the option to remove from dock or keep in dock, that
> action does not take place. After that, bringing up the context menu for a
> dock item is impossible, pressing up arrow, using vo+shift+m or right
> clicking the mouse on the item just returns you to the desktop.
> The next issue is with the new messages app, while it's useable, the
> experience is cumbersome at best. Voiceover tends to get stuck and you can't
> navigate left or right, you have to either use the tab key or use Voiceover's
> go to beginning or go to end commands to try to get out of the area that
> Voiceover is stuck in. Also, when writing a message, the read current line
> command does not work. This is the first time I've really been disappointed
> with an operating system upgrade, as I said, more than likely I will be going
> back to Catalina, I may play with it for another couple days but if I can't
> make these things work better than that's what I'm going to do.

> list.

> caraqu...@caraquinn.com

> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/E2CBE7C4-8671-49DF-A573-90ECF00F4B5A%40charter.net.