The higher-end 13-inch MacBook Pro has 4 USB-C/Thunderbolt ports, but right now
is only available with intel processors.

- Brad -

On Feb 6, 2021, at 10:32, Merv Keck <blind5spar...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just bought the MacBook Pro M1. It also has 2 USB C ports and one headphone
jack. I was hoping for more ports. But it sure is fast. If I need more I can
always get a hub or dock it. I have no need of a screen myself. I’m
transitioning from Jaws to Voiceover. More of a learning curve than I
anticipated. But something to do on the winter of my discontent. Beats
shoveling snow anyway.
Merv

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
<macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>> On
Behalf Of Brad Snyder
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2021 10:45 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: New Mac.

The M1 MacBook Air has only 2 USB-C/Thunderbolt ports, and a 3.5 mm headphone
jack.  No USB-A ports on the MacBook Air.

The M1 Mac mini has 2 USB-A ports, in addition to 2 USB-C/Thunderbolt ports, a
HDMI port, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.  The mini also includes an Ethernet
port.

Apple does still offer the Mac mini with both the Intel i5 and i7 processors.
Those machines have 4 USB-C/Thunderbolt ports, in addition to the 2 USB-A
ports, and the HDMI and 3.5 mm headphone jack, as well as an Ethernet port.

- Brad -

On Feb 6, 2021, at 09:15, 'Stur It Up Productions' via MacVisionaries
<macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>>
wrote:

They both have 2 uSB-a ports, 2 uSB-c thunderbolt ports, HDMI and headphone
jack on the Mac mini.  Also for the record, you can by any external drive, and
format it for the Mac.  I have a 4TB USB-C drive that I got for only 120 bucks
on amazon, I use iCloud for everything, so it really wasn’t necessary, but I do
keep important stuff backed up

New to the Mac, transitioning from a PC, need extra help, struggle with certain
apps and features, or just want to brush up on your Skills? Then the macCafe is
the place to be! We meet every 1st&3rd Monday of the month at 10:30AM central
to discuss basics, hints and tricks on learning our MacOS in&out. To get more
info, send an email to
sturi...@icloud.com <mailto:sturi...@icloud.com>
Put MacCafe in the Subjectline and you will receive info on how to join this
great resource of information!

> On Feb 6, 2021, at 9:07 AM, Anders Holmberg <and...@pipkrokodil.se
> <mailto:and...@pipkrokodil.se>> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> I am thinking of upgrading to the one of the M1 Macs.
> So i am comparing the Mac mini with the MacBook Air.
> These are the ones I  want.
> The Mac Pro has a Touch Bar so that’s not something I never going to use.
> But that’s just me.
> aTHey’re a bit to expensive also which is something I have to consider but I
> am a bit wondering.
> If I get me a Mac  I would like to have as much storage as possible.
> Its going to be quite expensive which is strange as you can by a 2 tb ssd for
> less money if you have a pc.
> Anyway I wonder how many USB ports and thunderbolt ports there are on the
> respective Mac mini or MacBook Air.
> And if I get a Mac mini I would like to have a good camera so I can use
> together with zoom.
> All the best from a cold Sweden.
> /A

> list.

> mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can
> reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/C6184697-8A5B-4E28-BCCB-2223F907243E%40pipkrokodil.se
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/C6184697-8A5B-4E28-BCCB-2223F907243E%40pipkrokodil.se>.

list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/F9A6CCB4-A838-4BE8-90D1-F2E5440E0A63%40icloud.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/F9A6CCB4-A838-4BE8-90D1-F2E5440E0A63%40icloud.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/6058C530-2200-47AC-BD6A-902E1CC40675%40swbell.net

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/6058C530-2200-47AC-BD6A-902E1CC40675%40swbell.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:
mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can
reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

<http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com