Three finger tap twice will mute / unmute voice over on the Ipod touch.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of carlene knight
Sent: Thursday, 25 March 2010 6:43 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Speech problems with IPod Touch

 Hi there:

I can't get my Touch to speak no matter what I do.  I know that I have
inadvertently turned the speech off before, but I can't remember how to
toggle it.  Voiceover isn't the problem, I don't believe.  It won't turn on
or off, so I think it is the speech itself.  I know the thing is on because
I heard it lock after attempting to wake it up.  Any ideas would be
appreciated as this thing is worthless to me at the moment.  thanks.