Hi,

thanks for your suggestions, however I don't find taking away a whole row of
function keys something that I can accept. These are called function keys for a
reason, they have a function to which you can map something in order for your
workflow to be more efficient.

I'm not a casual mac user, such as listening to music, reading mail or doing
web stuff. I am a full developer, and use the terminal and programming IDEs
extensively, create my own scripts to automate things and do most of the stuff
available on commercial apps with my own knowledge of the system, and even
develop apps that help further that automation.

Giving away a row of function keys that also tend to trigger unwarrantedly,
such as when I'm typing, is also a design flaw. In fact, if you don't see any
use in the touch bar, this is a design flaw in itself. I want something that is
not only slick, and works really well in most circumstances, which is what the
mac does, but I also want something that allows me to fully utilise what the
designers have given me as a tool for my everyday. the touch bar doesn't match
my expectations in this regard, as it's not functional, it lags, often gets in
my way when I type and other things, because I have long thick fingers, but
with mechanical function keys this would not occur, and it takes away
approximately 12 different functions I can map the keys to, such as fast
switching between apps, or between different sections of an app. One such app
is eclipse, or xcode, some apps in the terminal, a whole set of things that now
I have to map to other keyboard shortcuts which is less intuitive, and may
conflict with other keys.

Long story short, I purchased the mbp 16 because I thought that the touch bar
will be snappy and responsive, as I would expect from something as crucial and
critical as function keys, but this is not the case, hence my rant.

This doesn't mean I hate Apple, it's constructive criticism, and I think the
guys at apple hardware are in fact ditching the touch bar anyway.

A++

Yuma

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com