Karen, I would strongly suggest you put your focus solely on mastering Voiceover before venturing into other areas. Get a handle on the Voiceover commands as well as those the the standard Mac commands.

Find a local Voiceover user and invite him/her to come over and work with you.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable."
 --John F. Kennedy
My e-Mail:
ancient.ali...@icloud.com