Two keys if you use Caps lock. I thought this was something that would drive me
crazy about the Mac, coming from a Windows background, but so what if we have
to do an extra key. I don’t like it if I’m doing long term reading, but it
helps if you think of it in terms of function. Press the key one way and it
behaves differently. If you think about it though, it’s really a choice between
extra keys and extra steps. On Mac, I can tab or VO right into an edit field
with Quicknav off, and know that I can start typing. I can also skip over the
field. Jaws, you have to find the edit field, then hit enter to go into Forms
mode. You can also do an Insert Z to turn off the virtual cursor which is
actually extra keys. Jaws does have the automatic forms field, but it has it’s
issues which I won’t go into here.

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/6C473262-7AFB-418A-B7B8-6160FA90E42D%40gmail.com.