From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Blouch
Sent: Tuesday, 27 April 2010 2:17 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: A Question Regarding MS Office for Mac

I thought exchange had a web interface. Can those couple thinkgs like mail
rules and filters be set up that way?

CB

Bryan Smart wrote:

Well, for those of us that use Exchange for information management, we'd
sure like to be able to run a version of Outlook on the Mac. Mail and ICal
can get to some of that info on an Exchange server, but not all of it. Right
now, if you want to change a server-side e-mail filtering rule, for example,
you must start Outlook in a virtual machine or under BootCamp to make that
adjustment.

I also don't think that Pages supports all of the formatting options of
Word. That isn't so important when you're making your own files, but it
matters when you're exchanging files with other people that are using Word.

So, Office isn't essential, but many of us would appreciate it.

Bryan