If there was an FAQ for this list, the frustrating and repetitious subject of
Minis and monitors would probably be at the top. I know that there is no reason
to assume that newbies should know this, so there is no reason to blast them,
but it gets so old covering this over and over again. We literally seem to have
a thread about it 2 or 3 times a week.

No, the Mini and VoiceOver won't work right without a monitor.

Yes, that's why Safari and other apps always say that they're "busy, busy,
busy, busy".

No, there is no adaptor that you can plug in to it that will fake a monitor
being attached.

No, the Mini isn't supposed to be a portable computer.

No, Apple isn't going to do anything to fix this in the future, as far as we
know.

Don't feel bad, Courtney. Lots of other people assume, like you, that this will
work. It doesn't. No way that you could know without asking in advance. Hope
that this helps and saves time.

Maybe this is reason #1 to start an FAQ for this list?

Bryan