Hi Nic,

I've never used resetting the PRAM to fix a USB port issue before on a Mac -- only used it for audio sound repairs. However, the part about removing a battery and holding down the power button with the battery out (to discharge the capacitor) is something I've had to do before with an IBM ThinkPad laptop to reset electronic components. So that may work in your case, too.

HTH

Cheers,

Esther

Nicolai Svendsen wrote:

Hi Esther,

Thank you. I'll try this. Resetting the PRAM has been tried before, but I'm supposing holding down the power button when battery is removed is some sort of cycle? I'll add it to resetting the PRAM again and let you know how it works out.

Regards,
Nic
Mobile Me: nic2...@me.com
Skype: Kvalme