Hi Anne,
This seems to be a problem a lot of people have experienced since upgrading to
SL.  However, oddly enough, we've just changed the security on the router to
WPA and everything now seems fine.  I've no idea why this is the case, but I'm
certainly not complaining.  I'm not using an Airport at this location, but an
old Netopia router.

Cheers

Dónal