From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Nicolai Svendsen
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 1:26 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Frequent crashes of VoiceOver since the release of Mac OS X 10.6.4

Hi guys,

So I wanted to pass this to you guys, too.

Ever since the 10.6.4 update, I've been noticing frequent crashes with
VoiceOver. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. It also
seems to be random if you're being a casual observer, meaning that it
happens in whichever application I'm using if it feels like doing it. It
mostly seems to be if I'm moving very, very fast, however, or cutting off
speech by moving around such as a long string of text.

I've been seeing it a lot such as when I'm opening applications in
particular. This morning, for example, I started reading tweets in Syrinx
and suddenly, VoiceOver just died. Yesterday, I opened up the Infovox iVox
pronunciation editor to add some phonetic transcriptions. It was reading the
item in the finder while it was already opening. All I heard was "busy",
then "Infovox iVox Pronunciation Editor window", and when I tried to move to
cut off the speech concerning the transcriptions table, it died too.

I can't reproduce it, though, which is why I'm hoping someone else is seeing
this behavior too. It's much more frequent than ever for me, and I can't
figure it out. Previously, VoiceOver only crashed on me on certain websites
and even that was unusual.

Regards,
Nic
Mobile Me: nic2...@me.com