From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Sarah Alawami
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:14 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: How do you drag a file or folder from one location to another?

Not in my case. I moved 4 gigs of stuff and it took almosst 3 to 54 minutes
or there abouts to do it. I was timing it. and this was on a windows
machine.

there might be a different thing for the mac but yeah.

On Jul 1, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Bryan Smart wrote:

> When you move a file, the computer just changes info stored on the drive
about where the file is stored. It doesn't have to spend time actually
making another copy. That's why people want to move instead of copy. Copying
a 1GB folder takes as long as is required to copy 1GB of data. Moving a 1GB
folder is almost instant.