Well, I have an iPhone 4, am a left-handed person, and haven't had any problems.

Of course, I'm using an extremely thin hard plastic slip-case to protect my
$700, mostly glass, phone, as just about anyone reasonable would that doesn't
have a bottomless bank account. Yes, it looks nice, all glass and stainless
steel. It isn't real durable that way. I'd like something else, but I like what
it can do more than I dislike how it is made. And, besides, I can fix its
construction issues with a case. It's kind of like, do what you gotta do to
make the tech work for you, or else chill out on Symbian or Windows Mobile,
where the accessible apps are few and those OSes are dropping accessibility
support in about a year. As a blind guy, I can do so much more with my iPhone
than I could with any of my Nokias, so I can overlook a flaw, particularly if
it doesn't affect me.

I know that, if you hold it just in the right way, without the case on, that
you can cause the signal strength to reduce. I could do that with my Nokia E71,
though, so don't know why it is such a big deal that it happens on iPhone.

If you don't like the iPhone, then more power to what ever choice suits you. If
you like the idea of the iPhone, then, I suggest that you go and try one out
for yourself. Most places will let you do a 30 day return if you're not
satisfied. You might find out that the majorly hyped supposed problems aren't a
problem for you, either. Since I haven't seen stories about people returning
their iPhones in droves, I'd say that there are about 2,000,000 people by now
that agree with me.

Bryan