Or format a drive to fat32 which allows reading and writing to the drive
from both the mac and the windows environments.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Dan Eickmeier
Sent: Saturday, 7 August 2010 6:53 p.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: External HD

Was going to suggest the same thing, since storage is getting cheaper and
cheaper, even though there are ways that you could get a mac to both read
and  write to NTFS formatted drives.

On Aug 7, 2010, at 2:36 AM, Justin Kauflin wrote:

The Mac can read NTFS partitions, but out of the box, it can't write to
them.  With that said, it'd probably best if you were able to reformat the
disc to the Mac format.

     In my opinion, go head and get another 1TB drive, as they just keep
getting cheaper and cheaper, and have that Mac formatted.  Then, you can
copy the files over to the Mac formatted and have 2 copies of all your
files.  You can never back that stuff up enough:)

Hope that helps

Justin